Friday, September 8, 2017

A List of Cages Review

A List of CagesTitle: A List of Cages
Author: Robin Roe
My rating: 4.5/5 stars
Date Read: 8/16/17

I have a feeling I am going to think about this book for awhile. It is such a powerful read.

This story is about two boys Adam and Julian. Adam is helping the school's physiologist as his senior years elective. The doctor asks Adam to make sure a boy gets to his appointments as he keeps missing them. Adam learns that this boy is Julian. He is the foster brother Adam hasn't seen for 5 years. Adam is reunited with him but soon figures out that Julian is hiding something from him.

This book is told in first person and we follow both Julian and Adam's point of view. I loved both of their POVs and I honestly didn't prefer one over the other which is not common when I read.

I loved both characters. I liked the friendship between Adam and Julian and it is obvious that Adam does care for Julian.

This is definitely an emotional book. I rarely cry or even tear up while reading. I did tear up once during this book for emotional readers will probably be sobbing. I am also warning you this is not a cute fluffy contemporary book.

Adam has ADHD and it is constantly mentioned throughout the book. Julian, when he was younger had dyslexia.

I think this is her debut novel and if it is it is one of the best debut novels I have ever read. Overall it is such a powerful and emotional read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment