Monday, January 15, 2018

Poison Study (Spoiler Free) Review

Poison Study (Study, #1)Title: Poison Study
Author: Maria V. Snyder
Series: Study #1
My rating: 4.5/5 stars
Date Read: 1/6/17


I first heard of Poison Study a few years ago and it sounded very interesting, however I never had the motivation to pick it up. Last year I started hearing more things about this book and they were all positive and I finally decided to pick it up. I wish I read it sooner because I really enjoyed it.

Poison Study was released in 2005 (I think if not around that time) and it still is amazing. We follow a girl name Yelena who murdered someone and is next in line to be executed. Instead of being executed she is offered a position to become the Commander's poison tester. She takes the position and things happen. I won't say too much because going into the book only knowing the bare minimum about it helped me enjoy this book more.

Yelena is a strong character. Throughout the book she becomes even stronger and smarter. I liked her as a character and am excited to see what happens in her story next.

I also really liked Ari and Janco and they are probably my favorite characters in the entire book. Both of them had a sense a humor while knowing when it was time to be serious and not be funny.

The story line and plot of the book was interesting as the story kept me interested from the beginning. It took me about two or three chapters to get into the book but once I a passed that mark I was hooked. Things kept happening throughout the story making me want to continue reading and kept me wanting to know what happens next which is a good thing when reading a book.

I really want to continue this series soon and I hopefully will. It was originally a trilogy I hear but now it is not. If I don't finish the entire trilogy I do hope to finish the original trilogy.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment